The operating theatres are located on level 1 of the main hospital, except for the obstetric theatre, which will be located on level 3 with the obstetric and gynaecology services. The operating theatre suite will include:
- 15 operating rooms
- two hybrid (ie operating / angiography) rooms
- direct access to intensive care and day admissions
- dedicated lift access to the sterilisation service located directly above on level 2
- all theatres are large rooms and exceed current Australian standards for operating theatres
- two of the theatres will be larger than the standard rooms to allow for additional equipment or larger patients.
To see where the operating theatres are located in the hospital, see level 1 on the floor plans.