Obstetrics / Neonatal / Paediatrics
The Neonatal service is located on level 3 of the main hospital. It will include:
- 18 special care nursery cots
- two overnight parent accommodation rooms and family support areas
- baby bathing areas in patient care areas
- expressing rooms with storage and a central formula / bottle room for the third floor.
Obstetric inpatient services are based on level 3 of the main hospital. It will include:
- one 24-bed ward comprising 20 single rooms and two two-bed rooms for obstetrics patients
- one 24-bed ward comprising 20 single rooms and two two-bed rooms for obstetric surgical patients
- shared staff facilities between the two wards
- birth suite adjacent, with dedicated operating theatre
Paediatric services are located above emergency and operating theatres so that patients can be transferred as quickly as possible. The inpatient service will include:
- 20 single and two double patient bedrooms
- access to an external play courtyard
- Radio Lollipop services integrated with the hospital.
To see where obstetrics, neonatal and paediatrics is located in the hospital, see level 3 on the floor plans.