Medical Imaging will provide diagnostic and interventional medical imaging services for both inpatients and outpatients.
The Medical Imaging department is located on the lower ground floor of the main hospital next to the Emergency Department. Entrance to the department is via the highly visible staircase and lifts from the main concourse.
The service will include:
- latest equipment and cutting-edge technology
- 28 imaging rooms, including:
- four general X-ray rooms
- one Orthopantomography (OPG) X-ray room
- three Computer Tomography (CT) rooms
- two angiography (DSA) rooms
- two fluoroscopy rooms
- one bone densitometry rooms
- eight ultrasound rooms
- two Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) rooms
- four Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) / Computer Tomography (CT) rooms
- one Positron Emission Tomography (PET) / Computer Tomography (CT) room.
A range of radiology and selected ultrasound services will be located outside Medical Imaging such as CT rooms in Intensive Care and the Cancer Centre, and ceiling mounted x-ray gantries in the Emergency Department.
To see where medical imaging is located in the hospital, see the lower ground on the floor plans.