About the site in Murdoch
Fiona Stanley Hospital is located in Murdoch, 15 kilometres south of the Perth CBD and nine kilometres east of Fremantle.
The 32-hectare site was chosen for its proximity to Perth’s growing south metropolitan population and nearby health and learning institutes. It is bounded by South Street, Murdoch Drive, Kwinana Freeway, St John of God Hospital and the Murdoch Campus of Challenger Institute of Technology.
It is located within the City of Melville (external site) and bordered by the residential suburbs of Bateman, Murdoch, Leeming and North Lake.
The location offers outstanding access – within walking distance of the Murdoch bus / rail interchange and easily reached via the Kwinana Freeway and other major roads.
The Murdoch site is ideal because it:
- is centrally located to service Perth’s southern suburbs
- is within walking distance of Murdoch train station (external site) – a major bus / rail interchange on the Perth to Mandurah rail line
- offers excellent road access including the Kwinana Freeway and Roe Highway
- is close to Jandakot Airport (external site) for major trauma and other emergencies from outside the metropolitan area
- is located next to the major private hospital, St John of God Hospital Murdoch (external site), allowing the potential sharing of health facilities and services
- is located near Murdoch University (external site) and Challenger Institute of Technology (external site), which will support education and training partnerships.
Part of the Murdoch Activity Centre
Fiona Stanley Hospital will be the cornerstone of an education, health and activity precinct commonly called the Murdoch Activity Centre (external site).
The Murdoch Activity Centre is a 64-hectare area bordered by South Street to the north, Farrington Road to the south, the Kwinana Freeway to the east and Murdoch University (external site) to the west.
Over time, the area will be further developed by the Department of Planning and Infrastructure and others into a large urban centre with commercial, retail and residential developments.
The Murdoch Activity Centre will include Fiona Stanley Hospital, St John of God Hospital Murdoch (external site), medical research and education facilities, clinical accommodation, consulting suites, short-term accommodation and other services and facilities.
File FormatsSome documents for download on this website are in a Portable Document Format (PDF). To read these files you might need to download Adobe® Acrobat Reader.