About Fiona Stanley Hospital
The $2 billion Fiona Stanley Hospital includes the Australian Government contribution of $255.7 million for the new State rehabilitation service. The hospital is named after eminent WA doctor and Australian of the Year, Professor Fiona Stanley (external site).
Fiona Stanley Hospital will be one of the best in Australia – a leader in clinical care, research and education, supported by an innovative design that uses the latest scientific, technological and medical developments.
Fast facts about FSH
- $2 billion Fiona Stanley Hospital - largest infrastructure project ever undertaken by the State.
- Equivalent of four city blocks.
- 150,000sqm of floor space over five main buildings.
- 6,300 rooms.
- 783 beds, including 140 rehabilitation beds.
- 83% single patient rooms in main hospital.
- State-of-the-art technology into every level of the hospital.
- More than five hectares of natural bushland, landscaped parks, internal gardens, courtyards and plazas.
- 3,600 basement, ground level and multi-storey car parking bays.
- Easy access to public transport and major roads.